python-quirc is a ctypes bindings for quirc, C library for QR codes recognition.
As well as a base library, it has a good features for QR code recognition:
- It is fast enough to be used with realtime video.
- It has two levels API: high-level for quick and simple decoding and low-level for those, who wants to control everything.
- It is small, and doesn’t have any dependencies (except of the C library, of course).
- It has a very small memory footprint.
- It works under the CPython 2.5, 2.6, 2.7 and PyPy. Python 3k support is planned.